Big Hard Sun

After a 20 km ride from my home, probably the longest I covered on a bike yet, I stepped into my college for the final last time. There have been so many last days of my college life, the scribbling day, the last exam, the get together for returning books to library, each time I heard people cribbing about that being the last day of college. But I never felt anything like 'm leaving something behind or 'm gonna miss this place like they talk about in songs. Its not like I haven't had my share of good times in college, but I don't know why m not able to relate those times with my college. So on any of those "last" days it didn't feel like 'm going to loose my friends, but then no one else was going to loose their friends. So why were they all talking like it was a big deal that college is ending.

Anyway, here I was, knowing that I won't be entering into this college again in my life, 'coz there is nothing I owe to this place anymore, and i have it in writing, literally. And I was here to claim the last thing the college owes to me (the security cheque). I thought that at least this time I'd get that feel. I walked to the accounts section. And asked for the cheque with all the cool attitude i could gather up. While the accounts lady was arranging documents to be signed i took a look around the empty campus. Things were pretty strict in our college for students to bunk classes and roam around in campus, and i heard it has gotten worse in these 2 years. There were only two girls walking past the Engineering building to Law block. I recognized one of them from facebook, Ritika, she had made some confession on our college's confession pages (there are a lot of these on facebook right now, for every college, with anonymous confessions. So how did i know that this confession was made by her? Here's how: Girls are dumb, she made a typo in the confession post and tried to correct that typo in the comment). The lady handed me the documents, I signed them, took my cheque and out of the main gate.


I still wasn't getting any nostalgic feel or what-so-ever, and I don't even know why I felt like I should get some feeling. May be 'coz I wanted a proper closure to the four years i spent at this place. so I took a pic of the main gate 'coz I felt like I should write a post. So here it is. I walked to the bike stand, which is literally at the other end of the college from the Gate they allow people to go in or come out from. In may be a last attempt to impose that feeling on to myself, I plugged in earphones as I started the bike and Eddie Vedder started yelling Hard Sun in my ears. I thought of having a one last look at the main gate as I pass by, but a truck started honking in front me and reminded me that 'm on Sohna road, the road that takes accidents for daily meals, on a bike at least 6 times heavier than me , and also m not that confident as a rider so I figured I'd better stick my eyes to the road.

♪ Once I built an ivory tower 
So I could worship from above 
And when I climbed down to be set free 
She took me in again 

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure every college pass out can connect to 'last' day here!
    I dunno why, till the end I was looking for something more, like something is missing in your text here. A part of you, you dont want to expose may be ;)
    It was Nice to read :)

    ReplyDelete