Hope

So I am in the roadways bus, going back to Jaipur from home. Random thoughts all over my head. And I start to think about a dream i once had of achieving something. That something being something that I’d have died to get at that time. But now if I get that even for no cost, i don’t think it will be same, I don’t get those butterflies in my stomach thinking about what if I actually had that. So what happened in between. Did I find something better than that? I don’t think so Did that something lose it’s lustre? Naah that’s not possible. Did i loose the desire for that something? Naah, even that’s not true. I think I dreamed of that something for so long that it actually became just a dream. I didn't do anything about it, so the belief that i could actually achieve that slowly faded away. With the dying probability my excitement also died. May be it’s just like when we get all hyper excited listening to concept of Santa Claus when you are a kid and wish u’d get free gifts. But what happens when you grow up? Would you not like some fat guy from north pole to drop you something you desired for since a long time, that too for free? Yes, you would. But you don’t get excited on the concept of Santa Claus, because you know that is not gonna happen. May be to get anything we need to make ourselves believe that it can happen. Because it’s only then we can imagine how happy we’ll be when it happens. It’s only then we feel a small part of that adrenaline rush we’ll be getting when it’s really happening. That small part of excitement of it actually happening is I guess a big driving force for us to do what we are supposed to do to make it happen. And at the end may be its all about keeping that hope inside us alive that it can really happen, that we can make it real. Taaliyan!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment